Zemmer

Forums

Forum Home > Herbal Remedies > Stomach Problems

Cynthia Thomas
Site Owner

Cynthia Thomas at June 10, 2010 at 6:30 PM

This one's for you James.

Burdock Root - Arctium lappa

A mildly bitter herb, Burdock Root stimulates the release of gastric juices and aids digestion. This combination of qualities explains its traditional use in treating acne, eczema, endometriosis, psoriasis, and uterine fibroids. The tea can also be used as a wash to treat skin infections, eczema, and psoriasis.

There is considerable evidence in the scientific literature that burdock root tea is a powerful anti-inflammatory remedy. Its numerous antioxidants protect the liver from toxic chemicals, allowing it to process the body's naturally occurring steroids which is helpful in achieving hormonal balance.

Arctium lappa - Burdock Root

--

I need to get away from all the side effects of these medicines.

June 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cynthia Thomas
Site Owner

Blessed Thistle - Cnicus benedictus

Blessed thistle is used to treat digestive ailments caused by insufficient secretion of stomach acid. Modern herbalists agree that the plant is helpful for loss of appetite, upset stomach, and gas although it may be better to take the herb before these symptoms occur (such as before eating a fatty meal), rather than after. The herb is also antibacterial. Generally not recommended during pregnancy. If you are allergic to artichokes, avoid this herb.

Cnicus benedictus - Blessed Thistle

Cnicus benedictus - Blessed Thistle

--

June 10, 2010 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cynthia Thomas
Site Owner

Coriander Seed - Coriandrum sativum

Coriander seed is best suited for relief of tension in the upper abdomen, such as flatulence, cramps, and bloating.

Coriandrum sativum - Coriander Seed

--

June 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cynthia Thomas
Site Owner

Lemongrass - Cymbopogon citratum

Lemongrass is mildly diuretic and a stimulant tonic. The herb promotes digestion of fats, and in Ayurvedic medicine a preparation of lemon grass with pepper has been used for relief of menstrual troubles and nausea.

The herb stimulates perspiration, cooling the body in summer and lowering fevers any time of year. Lemon grass is well known a mild insect repellent (citronella) and the essential oil is used in perfumery.

Cymbopogon citratum - Lemongrass

Cymbopogon citratum - Lemongrass

--

June 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

595 views - 0 comments